By Scrubadoo’s Jen Hankin
Time to get out those pearly white scrubs! Summer is right around the corner. Many of us have the unfashionable task of being forced to dawn white scrubs and lab coats year round, so there’s no better time than now for a little “white” scrub style lesson.
Try to forget for a moment the truly impractical nature of our profession and the color white. This stock color automatically has an air of sophistication and sterile perfection. No other color can really match the professionalism white exudes. This is why it is essential to learn how to look right in white!
1. Add embellishments. Not all whites are created equal! You don’t want to lose your individuality, so adding a little design to your scrubs allows you to still be you. Try something like these Baby Phat Viva la Diva top:
2. Don’t forget Bleach! With white scrubs, bleach is your best friend. We’ve got a dirty job so it’s vital to keep your whites looking fresh. And believe me when I say, some stains are just beyond all hope! That’s why it’s important to buy new whites at least once every year.
3. Switch up your neckline. It’s key to finding the right neckline for your body. Changing it up from a simple “V” or a crew neck to this Sweetheart Baby Phat neckline can be just the sophistication you needed to look top notch.
4. Bust out that ironing board! Whites can look like a wrinkled mess if you’re not careful. Be sure to keep them crisp, fresh and pressed. Oh and don’t be afraid to add a little starch.
5. A touch of feminine. Scrub pants and tops can get monotonous, touches of femininity can add sass to your work attire while still upholding your uniform. Instead of going white from head to toe, try adding this White Cherokee Pocket Skirt.
Or this Peaches Dress will do the trick!
6. Get the Right Fit. White isn’t sliming. Therefore it is essential to make sure your white scrubs fit properly, which may vary from other colored scrubs. A traditional empire waist may look fine in a floral print, but it could make you look like a tent in white. Try something with more fitted seams.
How to you stay fresh in your whites?