By Scrubadoo’s Jen Hankin
I know scrubs can get boring to wear day-in and day-out. So it’s tempting to mix it up, add color and get a bit daring. But sometimes daring isn’t for all of us, or all body types! Here’s our list of the top five most common scrub fashion faux-pas, aka a must-not! To avoid getting caught in one of these scrub blunders, simply head to Scrubadoo.com and get a fresh set!
- V-Necks Aren’t for Everyone: V-necks flatter almost all body types unless you are very busty. Then, depending on the depth of the “v” you could look a little too risque for your scrubs.
- Underwear Should Stay Under Wraps: No one, and we mean no one, wants to know what kind of underwear you have on in a work environment. Even if it’s the pink lacy kind. It’s way too much information and totally unprofessional.
- Keep Your Bling In Check: We all love jewelry! But lots of bracelets, necklaces and multiple rings catch germs easily and often times rip gloves. Stud earrings and a small simple necklaces is fine. But leave the statement jewels for off-the-clock.
- Are You Waiting For A Flood?: High-waters are never in style! If your scrub bottoms have shrunk in the wash or you’ve experienced a sudden growth spurt, it’s time to invest in some new pants.
- Tame That Mane: Your hair should always stay out of your face and out of the way. That includes your facial hair men! Keep it professional, groomed and mane-tained.
What scrub fashion no-no’s have you seen in your office or hospital? Please share with us!