By Scrubadoo’s Jen Hankin
Dry hands plague us all! We can’t help but wash our hands about a million times a day and that can really take a toll on those important hands of ours. There no easy solution for the sandpaper, I mean hands, but I’ve found hand creams and moisturizers that really help.
1) CeraVe: I really love this product. It’s great for itchy, dry hands and drys quickly. It even helps those with ecezema. All CeraVe Skincare products provide the benefits of unique, patented MVE® delivery technology and are formulated with essential ceramides and other skin-nurturing and protective ingredients—including vital humectants and emollients—to replenish and retain needed moisture.
2) Vaseline Intensive Care: You really can’t go wrong with Vaseline. It’s been around forever, so you know it works. Repairing Moisture Lotion with Stratys-3TM multi-layer moisture relieves and accelerates the healing of very dry skin. This unique formula hydrates all layers of dry skin, for intensive moisturization that works quickly and effectively.
3) Eucerin Hand Cream: This product is safe for babies, so if you work in childcare there’s a plus right there. It’s a thicker cream, yet doesn’t leave your hands with that greasy feeling. It gently exfoliates dry, damaged skin while intensive moisturizers keep your skin protected and smooth. After just one use hands feel noticeably smoother. Plus dermatologists love this stuff!
4) Johnson’s Baby Lotion: Who doesn’t love that unmistakable baby fresh scent? As the # 1 choice of hospitals and with the wonderful baby fresh scent, it could just be your best friend to help protect your skin from dryness. This ultra-gentle lotion softens and nourishes, for baby softness, perfect for you and for babies!
5) Aveda Hand Relief: This all natural cream moisturizes and soothes dry hands quickly with it’s incredibly rich moisture therapy. Chapped hands are left noticeably softer and smoother. Hydrating plant emollients, humectants, exfoliating fruit acids and anti-oxidants-including vitamins A and E-help diminish signs of aging and provide optimal relief. Increases moisture levels and elasticity in skin with continued use.
What hand creams have you found that work best for you?